Wednesday, July 3, 2013

C4T #3

Dean Shareski is a Digital Learning Consultant with in Canada. He specializes in the use of technology in the classroom. This blog, Ideas and Thoughts, was interesting and I learned so much just by reading two blog posts. Dean Shareski is the Community Manager for Discovery Education. He believes that teachers and students should use technology to connect ideas and learners. I can connect to this because this is what we are learning in EDM310. In 2010, he was awarded the ISTE Award for Outstanding Leadership in Technology and Education.

The first post I commented on was titled "Professional Development is Not That Complicated." It discussed that often teachers are treated like students and professional developers want to control what and how they learn. Professional Learning only requires two things: learning something and share something. Professional Learning is not having teachers filling out forms that fit into a spreadsheet. My comment I left, told Dean Shareski who I was and that as a future teacher, it was a great post to read. Teachers need to be trusted to do good work, learn and share.

The second post I commented on, "Whatever Happened to Joy?," was about his speech he gave at a TEDx event.





In my comment, I discussed the video on his lecture. I think everyone should watch! I really enjoyed reading this blog and listening to his speech.

1 comment:

  1. And you tell us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the video of his lecture. Not a summary at all. In fact, it is useless in determining whether you did the assignment or not. Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete